Add to Calendar
HKSFA is proud to present our “Advanced Financial Analysis Series" held in conjunction with Wall Street Training & Advisory. This Series of workshops builds upon and expands our prior successful and popular Financial Analysis Series and will provide practical, Excel-based career-enhancing programmes related to financial modelling, projection modelling, fundamental analysis, mergers & acquisitions and leveraged buyouts. This series of hands-on workshops will consist of the following full-day, extended programmes:
The goal of these programmes is to improve and elevate the skills sets of the financial analyst and the investment professional. Heavy emphasis is placed on being as effective and efficient as possible with Excel.
Highlights of this Workshop:
ADVANCED FINANCIAL MODELLING – CORE MODEL
Build a fully integrated financial statement projection model with income statement projections, a self-balancing balance sheet, an automated cash flow statement, and the balancing cash flow sweep/debt schedule. While knowledge of advanced accounting concepts is not required for this course, you should possess knowledge of basic accounting ratios and a basic understanding of how the major financial statements are inter-related. Emphasis is placed on the integration of the major financial statements and becoming experts in Excel. Incorporate different methodologies to forecasting the different types of assets on the balance sheet and compare and contrast with projecting liabilities. Learn how to balance a model utilizing the debt sweep and the revolver and not using any “plugs”. Appreciate the danger of and properly control for circular references. Avoid messy nested “if” statements!! You will leave the classroom with a fully constructed model that can be customized and applied to other companies. The final model is a fully scalable model that can be added upon.
- Build an integrated set of financials, including IS, BS & CF statements
- Learn how to balance a model utilizing debt sweep and no “plugs”
- Become super-efficient in Excel through intensive use of keyboard shortcuts
- Intensive focus on correct financial modelling approaches & best practices
5-Year Financial Statement Projection Model:
- How do you project an IS from revenues and expenses down to Net Income?
- What are the different methodologies to forecasting the different types of assets on the balance sheet and how do they compare and contrast with projecting liabilities?
- How do you project the shareholders’ equity account?
- What is the importance of financial ratios in building the balance sheet projections?
- How do you approach building an integrated cash flow statement?
- How do you build each component of the cash flow statement and why is cash projected last?
Integration and Balancing of Financial Model:
- Balance the model using the debt schedule and debt sweep logic – the most important analysis in terms of balancing the model!!
- How does the cash actually flow through the model?
- Incorporate automatic debt payments and use cash generated to either pay down debt or build cash
- How does the revolver facility actually balance the model?
- Avoid messy nested “if” statements!!
- How does the BS and financial statements balance without the use of “plugs”?
- How are the financial statements integrated using the Interest schedule?
- What are circular references, why should they be avoided and how to get around circular references
Prerequisite: Intermediate proficiency using Excel and a solid grasp of basic accounting fundamentals is required. This Financial Modelling class is a fast-paced, hands-on, technical workshop.
Rating - Advanced
Highly focused technical presentations of interest to participants with a high level of technical knowledge in the subject area.
ABOUT WALL STREET TRAINING & ADVISORY
We analyzed the current learning process in finance and Wall Street, figured out how teaching and training should be done and then implemented our learning processes. Our strengths include:
- Hands-on, interactive, practical, non-theoretical, no "b.s." approach
- Fast-paced learning where the goal is for participants to become experts and extremely efficient to spend more time on analysis of the numbers rather than pure number crunching
- Training modules replicate exactly how it is done on Wall Street
- Ability to translate difficult and advanced concepts into plain English while providing detailed explanations and intricacies that integrate a variety of disparate topics into one focused theme
- Teach nuances and real-life intricacies, not just basic how-to; we teach the rules and exceptions!
- Models that are built more cleanly and efficiently and are meant to be self-contained templates